ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got password, but computer won't show anything onscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnio
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Got password, but computer won't show anything onscreen Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide and utilities!

I recently did this on a Lenovo T410, but with a minor deviation. During the process of troubleshooting why this wasn't working I had to re-solder one of the wires on the motherboard and when I put it back together I could no longer get the password prompt to come up on screen. I was still able to successfully recover the password, but no matter what I do I am unable to get the computer to boot now.

The power light comes on, the LED on top of the monitor turns on and the caps lock key turns on, then off....but nothing comes up on the display.

Is it possible that I messed up the EPROM and that's why it's not booting? If not, is there anything else anyone can think of?

Thanks!
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Topic moved)

Hi,

There could a lot of reasons, but one thing is for sure: even tough the eeprom data is corrupt or something, the laptop must do POST.

My advice is to check the solering area carefully, maybe there is some bridge between legs, or some soldering material got caught between the PCB's traces.

I remember that after using my hot air station I had some problems with some spots of soldering material that were not on cleared in the factory, and that caused a short on the back of the motherboard after I heated it.

Bob
jonnio
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will do some more digging. I am really starting to think I might have messed up the connector between the wrist rest and the motherboard and that is what is preventing startup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: