ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T520 bios dump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amperu
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: T520 bios dump Reply with quote

Hello, please please.. can anyone help me with a bios dump for lenovo t520 4243-4wg ? ....i flashed the wrong bios(custom bios) i didn't make a backup Sad and now my laptop shows "Me is in recovery state" and i can't update the bios from the lenovo site "fatal error occured" I have a tl866a programmer, i can remove the bios chip from the board...is there anything to be done? is there any chance? I have attached the .bin i red the chip after i bricked Thank you. http://rghost.net/8FGRr .
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

1. how did you "update" it, by running an updater program under Widnows/DOS or did you write the BIOS chip with your programmer.
That is important to know in order to figure out if the TCPA sig is still the original one.

2. Does the laptop starts at all?

Contact me direclty at support_at_allservice.ro (replace _at_ with the sign)
amperu
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The laptop starts , im able to enter in windows..but on boot after lenovo logo shows: "me is in recovery state" / i flashed from windows with WINUPTP.EXE ... i wanted to remove whitelist from bios so i found a custom bios from a forum and installed(i know, i'm an idiot)../ I think the bios does not communicate with the little frimware chip..i don t know exctly..The strange thing is that on the info screen in bios something doesent match.. i made some pictures..it s a bios uefi version with another firmware version..i think thats why my laptop is broken. Oh and another thing..the sleep function doesen t work anymore, when he enters in sleep state, when i close the lid, he doesen't wake up..ii have to remove the battery and start again..

http://rghost.net/8KCt9HJmr
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you notice the email address? Thanks

[Edit]

The BIOS version does not match with the Embedded controller that's why the erratic behavior. I can extract the original part and repair the whole BIOS and update it one of the versions that fits the ECP, latest one eventually, and fix it but you must be aware that if TCPA signature is not the original one the ME in recovery state message may occur again.

TCPA sig is not wiped if you use a software update unless the updater contains a different SIG (aka copied from another laptop). Lenovo updates do not carry a SIG, so if the guy who cooked the BIOS with the white list used a Lenovo virgin update, then SIG remained the same original one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: