ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T480 with no valid BIOS dumps before flashing with new BIOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locoryan
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: T480 with no valid BIOS dumps before flashing with new BIOS Reply with quote

I have a t480 with a svp on it. I opened her up and used a Pomona clip and my raspberry pi to take dumps of both BIOS chips (16MB and 1MB). Afterwards, I tried flashing a BIOS i found online and now the laptop does not power on. The lights illuminate on keyboard for a few seconds and the power LED stays illuminated for about 20 seconds before turning off. Nothing is shown on screen.

I tried re flashing the original dumps that I made and unfortunately they are both corrupt and not valid BIOS files.

Without dumps of the original BIOS, is there any way to flash a new BIOS to make the laptop functional? Or is my only solution now to buy a new motherboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can fix the original BIOS dump file, the fee is 35 Euro. Then we can proceed with the unlock for the usual fee.

Contact us via email support @allservice.ro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: