ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've managed to unlock my Thinkpad T30! Thanks Victor!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rredline2000
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: I've managed to unlock my Thinkpad T30! Thanks Victor! Reply with quote

YESSS!! IT WORKs!! Finally I manage to unlock my Thinkpad T30!!

I have a second hand Thinkpad T30 notebook which is SVP locked after I temporary removed the CMOS batt... called the previous owner and he say he can't remember it! Called IBM and they say must replaced the whole motherboard! WHAT!!?? Replace the motherboard!?? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE and it costs a bomb!!!

So I searched the net for alternative solutions. And I am SO GLAD that I found this site. Following the guides written by Victor, I managed to unlock it.

Mr Victor, thank you so much for your wonderful gesture! Words could not describe my appreciation... Smile

I post up this pictures with a mind that it might be usefull for other user.Smile
(This is the first time I built electronic device base on a schematic diagram, so the work is a bit rough Razz)

I chosed the simple schematic, this is the front view.
I used the tiny wires which I cut out from an old IDE cable.

Close-up view.

Back view. I soldered the (EEPROM) wires to the back for easy connect and disconnect.

Showing how it connects to the T30 EEPROM chip.

Close-up view on the EEPROM. I used tape here just for showing, you should solder it.

Run R24RF08.exe. Managed to read the EEPROM data and dump into a .bin file.

Run IBMpass.exe (v1.1). Managed to read the .bin file and revealed the PASSWORD!!

Last edited by rredline2000 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rredline2000,

What can I say? T30 is a fine machine, I have a T30 myself and I am still happy with it. The original WIFI card is only 802.11b and USB is 1.1, but the overall performace is superior to many other brands of its class.

Well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: