ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Tutorial]How to unlock [older] ThinkPad supervisor password
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p-k
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: EEPROM NOT AVAILABLE Reply with quote

Hi Victor
Thank you for providing this resource. It is very interesting.
I used the R24RF08 and sucessfully unlocked a thinkpad T23 last week.

Sadly, today when I tried the same on a T21, the <<Error: Eeprom not available>> message appeared.

I have tried both simple/driven interfaces.
Regards from England
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi p-k,

t20-t23 are virtually the same machine. Check the eeprom connections, the circuit and so on.
Usually, I need some more info about your problem to discover what is wrong there. Better if you search the forum, you'll find the answear that I repeately gave it to other fellows or email to support-at-allservice.ro and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Welcome to the board!
chacharero
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: ThinkPad T43 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this method works on ThinkPad T43: type1871
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should do it if your laptop has 24RF08 or other I2C eeprom. Unfortunately t43 doesn't seem to have that eeprom.
chacharero
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: ThinkPadT43 Reply with quote

I didn't found on the motherboard any single chip has atmel or the numbers24RF08 how do I know if it has i2c eeprom, also where I can download 'HD Security Tools 1.0.' I'll try to extract the HD password maybe is the same for SVP Smile
p-k
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working now. One of the micro-clips I purchased was faulty.

I may be purchasing the writing software (W24RF08) - I am curious to know the answer to: is it possible to write an EEPROM while the chip is soldered in position. Or, must the chip be removed from the PCB.

Regards
Peter.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just for that I can tell you the writer works that way, with the soldered chip. If you can read the chip you can write as well, no need to unsolder.

Regards
Victor
roberac
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Victor and all who posted here. I would like to thank you for the information posted here, using it I successfully unlocked a T22 which, following the removal and replacement of the CMOS battery, required access to the bios to reset date and time.

Building the interface circut was failrly easy following the very clear diagrams included with the R24RF08 download.

I used the simple interface circuit and IBM Pass 1.1. Two points I thought are worth mentioning:

1. Soldering the wires on to the chip requires a VERY fine iron, magnifying glass/lamp, very fine wires, and a great deal of care - not a job for someone without any experience!

2. I used another Laptop (T23) at first as the host PC to connect interface on com1 and to run the eeprom reader SW - I got the 'eeprom not found' error....( which is what you also get without any circuit connected to com1) I then connected the interface to my desktop PC's com1 port, loaded and run the programme again and it worked OK first time. Maybe the power available on com1 on a desktop is higher.

Anyway thanks again and well done for making this available. I used to work for IBM and had a lot to do with Laptop repair - IBM did not and would not carry out procedures like this in any of their servicing locations, the motherboard would be changed. The chip might get changed later if the motherboard was then refurbished back in manufacturing or at an refurbishing supplier.

Regards roberac
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SIPROG is powered by the COM port and needs +/- 5V or more to function, specially when CTS (COM #8 ) has a low impedance. A laptop usually provide 3.3V-5V on the port while a desktop PC has the standard 10V. But is not a rule, you know.
m vagsh
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: T41 unable to unblock Reply with quote

hello victor, someone else woh is kind to help.
i have gut together all the elements and connect them to my TP T41, the lock is on the BIOS STARTUP so i cant go in to the BIOS nor the HD!
when i use r24rf08 program all i get is that "ERROR: Eeprom not available"
all the connection seems to be o.k.!
i will be glad for help.
Embarassed
i have search this site and try to do your past responess, thanks alot in advance!
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help you I need to know more details like the circuit you used, maybe some pictures of your work, etc.
Please contact me by PM or email at support-at-allservice.ro wtih details.
patrick
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Victor

First I want to thank you for your excellent tutorial and for your kindness in sharing this info.

I successfully retrieved the data from the Eprom but I cant figure out the password string when using IBMpass 2.0 Lite nor IBMpass 1.1.

The hex string from position 0x338 reads:
d6 39 f6 aa d5 ff 30 5d d6 39 f6 aa d5 ff 30 5d 48 34 d6 fb 42 32 d6 07
.. and that does not translate into anything understandable neither with classic nor alternate 1 scancode.

Is my eprom encrypted in some other way?

Its an X31
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think is better to send me the dump to take a closer look. The email is displayed by the software

Last edited by victor on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
patrick
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent it to the mailadress found in your R24RF08 readme.pdf
batschi42
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] How to unlock ThinkPad supervisor password Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Hi Viktor and all

Can You give me a link to the two pdf, i will build the interfaces
and i cant find the Pdf´s.

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: