ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R52 problem graphic card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R52
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: R52 problem graphic card Reply with quote

HI, I have a R52 type 1848. I flashed the bios with a flash for type 1858 and during the flash, a message display : "Insert a recovery crisis diskette". When I have rebooted, the laptop makes 1 long beep and 2 shorts beeps (Maybe it's the graphic card) and I have a black screen. I made this diskette but it's not possible to boot whith the floppy usb.
Moreover, there is a fuse wire of the power AC that is blown.
Victor, please can you help me ? Can you send me a picture of the bios chip ? Can I reprogram the bios chip ? How can I replace the fuse wire ?

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my english.

Best regards.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay.
Yes, we can repair the BIOS binary code but you have to remove it from the motherboard and read it in a programmer. It is a SST parallel flash 40 pin.
www.allservice.ro/forum/images/T43-BIOS.jpg

The fuse must be replaced with another one exactly the same value, not just soldering a wire there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: