ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook s6010 RAM update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i93jangu
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook s6010 RAM update Reply with quote

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook S6010 there I updated the OS fomm Win2000 to Wim XP Pro. As I only had 256 Mb of RAM the new OS makes the laptor extremely slow. To solve this problem I tried to update the RAM to 512 Mb. This makes the laptop unstable e.g. the desktop freezes after some minute and all running applications are locked. Anyone having an idea of how to solve this problem?
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly a bad RAM.

Good luck
i93jangu
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Bob,

You are right. It might be a bad RAM. However I tried to run the laptop with only the new RAM and everything seems fine.
Reading different postings on internet it seems tha a ROM update might bring conflicts with the OS.
Preventive action is propost by reinstalling the OS.
I will try this during the weekend. Feed back report will follow.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some reports that using 2 mem slots the mentioned problem occurs, apparently there's a BIOS issue with the CAS/RAS timming.
Also, when you do update the BIOS, use only one memory slot to avoid any risk of bricking the laptop.

I would buy a factory married pair or RAMs to get rid ofthe timming issues or better use one big RAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Hardware, BIOS repairs All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: