ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EEprom not available on R40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virginius
Interesat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: EEprom not available on R40 Reply with quote

I always gets this when I run the eeprom reader when I try to unlock my R40

Initializing timer .... 20222 OK!
Error: Eeprom not available
hit <enter> to exit

I have double/trible check the wires and they are all ok, and I am sure the interface is working as I have used it to unlock my other T21 notebook without problem. by the way, I am using the SI-PROG interface. can any one has any ideas?
bob
S.F. Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you to check again the connections to eprom. Look again at the connection diagram to be sure.

Sometimes using a laptop as technician PC with SIPROG could raise some problems due to voltage level on COM port which must be greater than +/- 5V.
It is better to use a desktop PC
virginius
Interesat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob, I found the problem, one of the wires from the 9 pin DIN was lose. every thing is OK now, Thanks again.
M&M
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new in here. My daughter accidentially played with my IBM R40 and she typed in wrong PW that ocked my laptop. After that, I entered my HD's PW correctly, there came another supervisor PW. This process is new to me. Cuz I didn't set it up. Actualy, I received the laptop from an old workmate who left the job. I set up PW for HD but not the supervisor PW. I'm so worried that I would be blamed by my boss if there's a big job to unlock the laptop.

Please ... please .. help me unlock the supervisor PW...ie. how to use the eeprom reader... etc. .. I already downloaded these files (***Thx for the link from allservice)

Newbbie M&M
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Practice section. There is a pictured tutorial for R40.
Also this may help you to locate the eeprom
http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249

To use the eeprom reader, you have to build it first. Install R24RF08 and see the schematics there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: