ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

t440s missing administrator password, and clock is gone bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fribse
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: t440s missing administrator password, and clock is gone bad Reply with quote

Hi there

I have an old laptop here, I don't know the administrator password, but it has a poweron password that I know.
Now the clock is gone bad, and I guess it's the backup battery in it.
Now it says that the clock is bad and I need to go to bios to fix it, but as I don't know the administrator password I'm kind of stuck. It won't accept the poweron password either.
SO I think I need to have this bios reprogramming done (gives me the creeps to hack the machine that way), I'm going to order the kit for it, but how do I find the bios chip. I've removed the bottom of the laptop, but everything is covered in black plastic, so it's quite difficult to look around on the board. Do I need to remove the keyboard instead?

BR
Fribse
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here is the BIOS location for T440s

www.allservice.ro/forum/images/T440s_bios.jpg

under some black stickers, right close to the Memory module. Just remove the case back and peel off the sticker right there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: