ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: EraseON & KeyON - HDD unlocking software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basscleff
Interesat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: RE: EraseON & KeyON - HDD unlocking software Reply with quote

is there any way to buy this for less than the price listed?
like for non commercial use?
I'd like a copy but $145 for home use is cost prohibitive.
Like maybe a 1 time use charge?
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but what is definition for home use? Home cracking devices Smile?

Sorry, basscleff. The price is the same for everybody, home users or not.

Last edited by victor on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
basscleff
Interesat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, I am just thinking maybe some sort of 1 time use registration. Pay as you go. I think most people would buy it to unlock their own hard drive, if they are running a business, or need more use, then they can buy a corporate license.

anyways, thx.

Last edited by basscleff on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is not bad at all.

A server-client solution. The user installs the client software and uses it to scan his locked drive, when the software finds the password this will be sent to the server, the customers pay the money and receive the password by email. Sounds nice and the price would be as low as possible.

Maybe I will start a new project based on this idea. But I don't know when.
Thanks basscleff.
basscleff
Interesat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad I could help.
or if there is some way they can send you a file and you unlock the password once they pay. I think like your bios repair method.
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:

A server-client solution. The user installs the client software and uses it to scan his locked drive, when the software finds the password this will be sent to the server, the customers pay the money and receive the password by email. Sounds nice and the price would be as low as possible.

Thanks basscleff.

Long time no see my Coach.That is a new project for laptop.It's really nice if you can do it like cellphone remote unlock.
My 2cents
baomobile
Congrats for new addon for Z and X series.I did not receive any news about it.Waiting for IBM PASS PRO and other Brands Models will coming soon
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bao,

It's been a while, nice to see you again.
Well, the idea is good and we'll have to work at it, but is not a priority for the moment.
About the PC8394 update, well, when you see a new release just fire an email.

Regarding the IBMpass, we will make available an updated freeware version, I hope it will be this year Smile. In rest, we will see.
walter
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:

Thanks basscleff.

Hi Victor, I can't wait to see you start on this project. In the mean time I'll keep my bulk eraser as far as possible from my travelstar. LOL
Remember too that the people who need this service badly are single individual users, some retired poor guys like me. In the mean time I keep using my ex-compaq travelstar in my TP. If I need another HD that badly
will look in Ebay or have an external USB HD with a bigger capacity than my locked HD.

Walter.
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter wrote:
victor wrote:

Thanks basscleff.

Hi Victor, I can't wait to see you start on this project. In the mean time I'll keep my bulk eraser as far as possible from my travelstar. LOL
Remember too that the people who need this service badly are single individual users, some retired poor guys like me. In the mean time I keep using my ex-compaq travelstar in my TP. If I need another HD that badly
will look in Ebay or have an external USB HD with a bigger capacity than my locked HD.

Walter.

You don't need to wait for new HDD's project remote unlock,if you are living in San Leandro.I'm be glad to help you unlock your HDD without money.
my 2cents
baomobile
510-586-4646
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear!
Can you call me back.I lost your phone number,so i can't call you for pick up your HDD.It's done
walter wrote:
victor wrote:

Thanks basscleff.

Walter.
victor
S.F. Boss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very kind of you Bao.

What dictionary did it? What was the scan time?
baomobile
Interesat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victor wrote:
That's very kind of you Bao.

What dictionary did it? What was the scan time?

Dictionary is len03.txt.Scan time 10 minutes
walter
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks thanks thanks Reply with quote

First of all to Victor for his free service on his site. A true neigborly help even though we are 1/2 globe away which is further bringing other people to be helpful to others as demonstrated by Bao who just live 15 minutes away and has his own Celphone service company and offering me to unlock my HD for free. Well he did it and I'm grateful to him.
The internet made our world a global village with helpful decent neighbors.
Thank guys.
Very Happy
Walter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad Password Help Center (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: