ALLservice Service Forum
support board, PC repair, unlocking solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How new toshiba passwords works?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shef
Nou Venit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: How new toshiba passwords works? Reply with quote

Hi,

I do hardware repair on laptops. Now I received Toshiba M40 password protected from friend. It will be very sad to sell it for spares or send it for unlock to Germany for 200 EUR.

The problem is that I don't know how the passwords in this type works and where they are stored.

Near RAM socket is 24C08A eeprom, but I tried to remove it and start notebook without it and it worked and still asked for password.

SuperIO chip is lpc47n252 (manufactures by SMSC). This IC has two banks CMOS backuped by battery. If battery is disconnected, I loose time and settings but pass stays.

LPT and USB dongle is not working as same as keydisc.

I need any info, even the theory and info where the pass is stored.

Thanks,
regards

Shef
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Service Forum Forum Index -> Computers / Unlocking (EN) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: